The Greene County Council of Aging was established in January of 1985, and was charged with planning and coordinating existing services for older adults in GreeneCounty. This group was instrumental in acquiring the current site and building for a Senior Center. Greene County Senior Services is a branch of Greene County Government. We serve Greene County Residents who are at least age 60 or older. Please contact the Senior Center for the Eligibility Requirements.
To promote the Health, Well Being and Quality of Life for All Senior Citizens.
Hours of Operation:
Mondays at 6:30PM-Advanced Line Dancing Classes
4th Tues. at 5:30-Singles Mingle Singles Club Meeting
Some Weekend & Evening Hours for Special Events-Check Activity Calendar
From Raleigh: Take I 40 E/I-440 E/US-64 E. Take exit 14 toward Greenville/Wilson/Rocky Mount. Merge onto US-264 E toward NC-97/Wilson/Greenville.Take the NC-58 exit, Exit 49 toward Snow Hill/Wilson/Kinston. Turn Right onto NC-58S. Turn Left onto US-13/NC-58. Continue To Follow NC-58. At the intersection of Hwy 13 S, take at left. Follow Hwy 13 S, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 S Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rd Stop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and says Senior Center. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Goldsboro: From US 70 BYP E Take Hwy 13 N Exit from Goldsboro to Snow Hill. Follow Hwy 13 N, going through Three stop lights-do not turn. 13 N Merges into Kingold Blvd. After you go through the 3rd Stop Light, the next crossroads will be the intersection of Kingold and Greenridge Road. There will be a sign at this intersection that is pointing to the left, and says Senior Center. Turn Left onto Greenridge Road at this intersection. The Senior Center, which is on 104 Greenridge Road, is on the left.
From Kinston: Where Hwy 70E intersects Hwy 258S (will be at a Stop Light Intersection-Walgreens and a car dealership on the corner) take Hwy 258N towards Snow Hill-about 13 miles. If coming from Goldsboro, you will need to take a left at this stop light. If coming from New Bern, you will need to take a right at this stop light. In Greene County, take a left at the intersection of 258S & 58S, (there will be a Bojangles on the corner). Take the next right, which will be 3rd Street-Two Cousins Pizza will be on the corner. We are on the 3rd block on the left, at the corner of the intersection of 3rd Street, and Greenridge Road.
From Greenville: If coming in on US-264W/John P East FWY, take the Wesley Church Road Exit #66. Turn Left onto Wesley Church Road. Turn right at the intersection of US-258 & 264 Alt. Turn left at the stop light, staying on US-258 S. Take US 258 S to Snow Hill. There will be a stop light at the intersection of Hwy 91 and 258. Take a left at the stop light, into town. At the next stop light, go straight. You will see the County Court House on the right. Keep straight, and take a left onto 2nd Street. The Senior Center is on the corner of Greenridge Road, and 2nd Street. Center will be over on the right. Senior Center sign with hours of operation will be close to the corner where the roads intersect.
- Frozen Meals, Congregate Meals
- Fitness & Health Promotion-Exercise Equipment, Senior Games, Nutrition Classes, Chair Exercise, Line Dancing, Walking Club, Flu Shots, Senior Nutrition Classes, Evidenced Based Health Promotion Classes, Slim/Fit-Weight Loss Support Group, Tai Chi
- Ensure Meal Supplement Program
- Health Screenings-Health Fairs, Blood Pressure, Vision & Hearing
- Insurance Counseling-SHIIP, Medicare Part-D, Medicare A & B, Supplement Plans, Health Insurance, Company Claims & Billing, Medicaid Assistance
- Tax Preparation/Counseling
- Legal Services-Legal Aid of NC
- General & Medical Transportation Assistance
- Support Groups-Alzheimer’s, Family Care Givers, & Vision Loss
- Housing Assistance-Elder Housing Locator, Home Safety
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
- Home Repair, Modification, Weatherization
- Social Security Benefits-Online Enrollment
- Job Training-Employment 55 & Beyond through Title V
- Job Placement-NC WORKS!, Employment Security
- Disaster Preparedness, Planning, Response-Assistance with Special Needs Registry, Fire Safety, Emergency Kits
- Durable Medical/Assistive Devices-Walkers, Canes, Wheelchairs, Tel-Cap Phones, Library of Blind
- Hospice-Information, Assistance, Referral
- Abuse & Fraud-Elder Abuse Hot Line, Adult Protective Services, Identify Theft & Scam Workshops
- Energy-Free Fans, Low Income Energy Assistance
- Home Health, In-Home Aid-Information & Assistance
- Adult Day Care/Health-Information & Referral
- Mental Health-Information & Referral
- Long-Term Care Facility-Information & Assistance
- Rehabilitation Services-Information & Assistance
- Advance Care Planning Facilitator Services
- Family Care Giver Support Programs-Support Groups, Respite Vouchers, Caregiver Training, Home Safety Devices
- Arts & Crafts-Wreath Making, Crochet, General Arts & Crafts, Jewelry Making, Needle Workers Guild
- Educational: Bible Study, Lap Top/Touch Screen Computer Classes, Health Education Classes
- Bingo, Billiards
- Cable TV, Wireless Internet Connection
- Walking Club, Walking Aerobics, Bingocize, Arthritis Exercise, Tai Chi
- Field Trips, Annual State Fair Trip, Annual Extended Day Trip
- Senior Dances, Seasonal Programs & Parties, Senior Singles Club
- Advanced Line Dancing-$3 per class
- Shuffleboard, Corn Hole, Bocce, Horseshoes
- Walk In Activities: Puzzles, Cards, Board Games, Billiards, Books, Exercise Equipment, Horseshoes, Lap Top Computer/Tablet, Shuffleboard, Adult Coloring Books, Puzzle Books
*Ask about our scholarship program for fee based activities.
Links of Interest
Contact Information: Greene County Senior Center 104 Greenridge Road/PO Box 36, Snow Hill, NC 28580
Phone: (252) 747-5436 Fax: (252) 747-8402
Director: Sharon Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org Over 20 Years of Experience Working with Older Adults, Mrs. Harrison was a Department Head in a Long Term Care Facility for several years prior to becoming the Director of the Greene County Senior Center in December of 2005. Mrs. Harrison graduated from the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services' Ann Johnson Institute for Senior Center Management in October of 2010. Mrs. Harrison is a certified Senior Health Insurance Information Program-(SHIIP)-Counselor, Tai Chi Instructor, an Advanced Care Planning Facilitator, and is ServSafe Certified for Food Safety.