2020 Candidate Filing:
Filing opens at noon on Monday, December 2, 2019, and closes at noon on Friday, December 20, 2019.
Primary Election Date:
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
General Election Date:
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Early voting begins the 2nd Wednesday prior to each election and ends the Friday or Saturday prior to each election.
WHO HAS FILED?
- Please click here to visit the current Candidate Filing Reports: CLICK HERE
WHAT SHOULD A CANDIDATE EXPECT WHEN FILING FOR OFFICE?
- A Board of Elections staff member will work with each candidate to verify eligibility to file (must be a registered voter of the jurisdiction in which they wish to seek office and at least 21 years of age). For partisan primaries, one must be registered with a recognized party 90 days prior to the date of candidate filing.
- Filing paperwork will be completed and signed to be notarized (photo ID will be required for notarization).
- The filing fee must be paid in the form of a check or money order. Business or corporate checks are not accepted.
- Candidates will be provided a filing packet containing campaign finance paperwork to open a political committee.
The law states that within ten days of any of the following events a candidate must open a political committee and appoint a treasurer:
- Receiving or spending any money in support of their candidacy,
- Filing a notice of candidacy, or
- Making a public announcement of a definite intent to run for public office in a particular election.
All reports filed with the Greene County Board of Elections are available for public viewing on our Campaign Finance page.
If you need personal assistance with your Campaign Finance reports, please schedule an appointment to ensure your needs are met in a timely manner, as well as to confirm the appropriate staff member will be available to assist you. Without an appointment, we cannot guarantee immediate service. To make an appointment please call our office.
The complete library of campaign finance forms can be found on the state’s website at the following location:
NC State Board of Elections – Reporting Forms
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
If you have questions, please call the Greene County Board of Elections office (252) 747-5921.